Sunday, October 2, 2011

October!

Cooler weather, pumpkin spice lattes, Halloween costumes and candy, football parties, CARDIGANS, boots, and one month closer to Thanksgiving! October has finally arrived!

In celebration of October and all things brown, orange, green, and purple, I made pumpkin muffins last night. What better way to bring in the season of fall than with some pumpkin and spice?

Not too many people in my life are fans of pumpkin, especially my husband and sister, so I rarely make anything pumpkin, except, during Thanksgiving linner (that in-between time of lunch and dinner), I make pumpkin pie cheesecake. I'll post that recipe as we near the holiday. SO. FREAKING. GOOD.

These muffins are long overdue payment for a brother's friend. Probably should get these delivered before I start getting collection calls :/. I ended up making a few extra for my family and a couple of friends who said they like pumpkin things. They went over really well with them! The taste isn't overwhelming with pumpkin, which is good. I felt they had a nice spice mixture and were VERY moist, always important! Plus the added dollop of cream cheese icing was sooo yummy. I will definitely be making these more often.

Enjoy!

Pumpkin and Spice muffins

1 1/2 c. all purpose flour
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1 cup pure pumpkin (out of 15 oz can)
1/3 c. vegetable oil
2 eggs
1 1/4 c. white sugar
Dash of nutmeg
Dash of ground ginger
1 tbs. brown sugar
1 tsp. cinnamon

Preheat oven to 350*

Whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda in bowl and set aside.

In a separate bowl, whisk together pumpkin, oil, eggs, sugar, and spices.

Gradually add flour mixture into pumpkin mixture until smooth.

In a small bowl combine brown sugar and cinnamon.

Fill cupcake liners 3/4 full with batter. Sprinkle brown sugar/cinnamon mixture. Bake for 20-25 min, or until toothpick comes out clean.

You can enjoy them plain or add a dollop of cream cheese icing, which I've posted in my carrot cake post.


No comments:

Post a Comment